by James DeChene
Two years ago, the State Chamber’s Healthcare Committee held an event on opioids to help employers to identify addiction in the workplace, find assistance for employees struggling with overcoming addiction, and shared examples of innovative employer policies that help to provide treatment options. The event was the first of two planned events, the second of which will be held October 10, 2018, and will be a joint venture between the Healthcare Committee and the Employer Advocacy and Education Committee. We hope you, your HR staff, and other interested people will attend.
Battling opioid and other substance abuse is a nationally recognized issue. Delaware employers are no exception in facing the challenges brought on by this crisis. Join the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce for an informative panel discussion regarding opioid and substance abuse in the workplace. Panelists will share a diverse set of case studies illustrating how employers can and should handle various situations that affect all businesses, from a mom and pop shop, to a large company with internal HR and legal staff.
- Tim Holly , Connolly Gallagher, LLP
- Paula Roy, ROY Associates
- Becky Flood, President & CEO, Ashley Addiction Treatment Center
- Tricia Clendening, SHRM-SCP, GPHR, SPHR, HR Strategies, LLC
- Kevin Fasic, Offit Kurman
- Shannon DeLucia, Hotel DuPont
- Jamie Danner, Senior Benefit Consultant, Kelly Benefit Strategies
Free to attend for DSCC Members / $15 admission for Future Members
Continental Breakfast will be provided