certificates of origin
A Certificate of Origin is an important international trade document attesting that goods in a particular export shipment are wholly obtained, produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country. The Delaware State Chamber of Commerce is a key agent in the delivery of these documents. Please download the PDF form below, complete it per the instructions on this page, and bring the notarized form with the necessary paperwork to our office.
certificate of origin policy
- The Certificate of Origin must be filled out completely and notarized before being presented to the Chamber.
- A signed and notarized indemnification certificate signed by a company officer must be on file in the Chamber before a Certificate of Origin is issued. This will be updated annually or when there is a change of signatory officer.
- Certificates will be authorized at our office at 1201 N. Orange St., Suite 200, Wilmington, DE 19801.
- $20 / certificate for Chamber members
- $100 / certificate for non-members
Please adhere to the following steps to ensure the timely processing of your Certificate of Origin:
- Make sure you are filling out the proper Certificate of Origin for the country to which you are exporting.
- Make sure you fill out the Certificate completely and accurately. Be sure you do not sign in the space provided for the Notary or the Chamber.
- Make sure that the product information listed is verbatim to what is on the invoice. Do not leave off product numbers, quantities or descriptions.
- The Delaware State Chamber of Commerce only attests to the documents as they are presented - it is not attesting to the validity of the claim of where the goods were produced. Furthermore, the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce, Inc. will not be held liable if the U.S. Company does not present all of the appropriate documentation needed for international importation or exportation, or any other reason that may result in the company's shipment being held at foreign customs.
- Do not alter the Certificate in any way.
- Do not wait until the day of your shipment to bring in your Certificate.
- If you are unsure about any aspect of your Certificate, please contact Melissa Brayman at (302) 576-6572 for assistance.